Sunday, January 08, 2006

Spiderman Afghan

My Grandson, Brody, enjoyed the Superman socks I knitted him and the Spiderman slippers my Mother made him the year before for Christmas, but he mentioned that Spiderman has "WEBS" on him. That's when I realized he noticed the lack in both projects. I started his present for next year to make up for it. He is getting a Spiderman Afghan. I am using Red Heart Hot Red and True Blue to make squares using the 12" Dream Catcher square from Heartmade Blessings. Each square has a dream catcher, which is a spider web, in the center. I am making half the squares in red and the other half in blue. This way he will have an afghan that Spiderman would use. I have the red squares finished and need to get my blue yarn to do the blue. I did all 6 red squares using one Super Saver skein. Then I will get a shade of darker blue to join and edge them. I think he will like this afghan. Maybe that's what I will do for them all. Good thing I'm starting now.

I'm also working on a felted knitting bag I saw on the Berroco website this month. I have a bunch of odd skeins of 100% wool yarn from my mother and am grafting them together at odd points to make my own varigated yarn for this project. I've decided that I love felting and can't wait to see how it will work out. My booga bag turned out wonderful and I can't wait to make more. I felted my older grandson, Justin, a belt holder for his gameboy. Felted really nice and fits perfectly.

I'll try to post pics as I can.