Tuesday, February 07, 2006

2006 Knitting Olympics

I am now showing my case of temporary insanity. I am working full-time, taking college classes again full-time, and have joined the 2006 Knitting Olympics. I am using Red Heart Super Saver in Aurora Print with needles size 8 or larger (haven't decided yet). I am knitting a multidirectional scarf that looks like a challenge but will also be quite fun. If I finish I will try another project but want to try this one first.

I have been trying various gauges to see what size I want to do. I will probably use a circular from a set my Mother gave me from a kit she bought years ago. It has all the different needles, cables and joiners. Need a few more cables and joiners as I am also knitting a round afghan and will eventually run out with my 36" circular. I figure that if I join enough of them together I can have a really big afghan.

I will try to post a photo of my olympic yarn and needles and show my progress as I go.

Maybe next year I'll join the Crochet Olympics.