Monday, February 20, 2006

Day 9 - Olympic Knitting

Well today is day 9 and I haven't given up yet. I am in the middle of my 7th triangle with a few more to go. I plan on knitting until I either run out of yarn or the flame goes out and I have to do the final triangle for the scarf. I will add the fringe afterwards as an added touch. Between all of this and work I have also typed several papers for my class I am taking leaving very little time for anything else. I have 7 classes (including this one) until I am finished.

Right now I am trying to cheer myself up since I am a little depressed missing my granddaughter since my last call to her was a sad one with her wanting to come back and live with me. She wants me to get enough money to come and get her. She really has not acclimated to her new surroundings and is used to being around the only family she has ever know other than her Mother. I'm praying that things will get better but it hasn't so far so I push myself into my work, my classes and my knitting to keep my mind on other things. I have designed a spring dress in crochet that will fit a 2 - 3 year old. It has butterflies around the middle using the ones designed by Chris Simon in the square she designed. The rest is my design and will be posted as soon as I can get it typed in. Right now it is written in a notebook on my sofa. Hoping to get it on here instead of my website very soon.